Gasification boilers... all these new models... Makes me kind of worried

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greg.ouellette

Hearth Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northern Maine
Hi Guys
Remember a few years back when all these pellet boilers and corn boiler came out... Oh the Adobe, Valley Trailers, Black-bear and the list goes on... Where are they now. Well I know where the Adobe and the Valley went but I wont go there.. ( I worked for Mark at Valley Trailers and I KNOW Phil "the Weasel") Everybody has spent tons of money for nothing... I read all these horror stories and then people still but them.. Make sure you ask questions and make them give you an install scenario or references..

I burned an Adobe 130 as a demo and couldn't wait to get it out.. Very dangerous and wow I burned some wood and couldn't keep the temps up...
Till recently I found a Madawaska and boys I am glad because there are easy to maintain and very little mechanical parts.. I have to rebuild the bottom firebox and I have Dr Richard Hill as my backup so I am in good hands.. Hey I am going to burn this for a year and see then see where I am ... I have about 800.00 into it and maybe 1200 when I am done that is the worse case depending on the tank bottoms, they have been sitting empty for a few years and I may have the bottoms replaced but no big deal..

Well guys, this is from a guy that had a Alternative heating business for 2 years and has seen junk and listened to every salesman tell em their speel and please watch out for the European boiler and if you buy one talk to Dave at Cozy Heat he is the man....

Funny I am sitting here is is 88 and the humidity is about that and we are talking about boilers....

Well must be a guys thing because I get the "look" from my wife when I do...

Thanks
Greg

Attachments

• Dr Hill Madawaska boiler.jpg
    Dr Hill Madawaska boiler.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 614
Greg, I am a bit confused. Your diagram looks like a Richard Hill boiler. Are you saying the boiler in the diagram is a boiler on the market called a "Madawaska Boiler"? Or is that what the Hill boiler was called at one time or another? BTW I own a Greenfire boiler from Valley Trailer. Very happy with it except for one huge exception - I hate the way you have to clean the Hex and it needs to be done often... Other then that I have no issues. Burns very clean once up to operating temps...

Never mind I just read your second post : )

Status
Not open for further replies.