Not open for further replies.
  1. Burn-1

Burn-1
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jul 13, 2006
    Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    FWIW I found this 'gasifying' furnace while looking at wood sauna stoves.

Kuuma Vaporfire

The price isn't too steep, computer controlled combustion and American made. It might be a good option for those that can't go the hydronic or radiant route.

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson
    Mod Emeritus 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Central NYS
    That is pretty cool, Burn-1. Thanks for posting the link.

I've always wondered about gasification furnaces. Seems it would be easy to do, but you have to deal with some pretty hot temps. I'll have to check that out and see how they handle it.

3. jklingel

jklingel
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 23, 2007
    Loc:
    Fairbanks
    Very interesting; heats 2600 sqr feet. I wonder what the "to the house" efficiency is like compared to boilers. Anyone know? I am going to email/call them for more info. j

4. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson
    Mod Emeritus 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Central NYS
    I guess heat storage would be the interesting part. I can't think of how you'd do that, but there probably is a way--maybe with some sort of refractory mass. Probably not built into the furnace.

5. bwolfe1

bwolfe1
    Life of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2006
    Loc:
    Deer River, MN
    Does anybody know anything about the testing lab, http://www.pfscorporation.com/public/, that these Kuuma Gasification Stoves use? I haven't heard of them and when I go to the website I didn't find much about stoves?

6. reaperman

reaperman
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 1, 2006
    Loc:
    Central Minn
    I see they are made in Tower Mn. Cant think of a better place to test the product, other than Alaska. Tower holds the state low temp at -60 back in 1996. And overall is one of the coldest place in the state on a regurlar basis.

7. bwolfe1

bwolfe1
    Life of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2006
    Loc:
    Deer River, MN
    Well its -35 F here but I'm only an hour or so from Tower. This Northern Minnesota Winter has been just brutal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.