gasket glue on Woodstock SS cat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfglickman

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2012
NW CT
Getting ready for the new season - I replaced the gasket on my SS cat as it fell into 3 pieces last year (and WS replaced the gasket for free - nice! - since the cat was only a few months old). I finished last season with carefully placing the gasket pieces back onto the cat before setting the hood on top, as WS said I could do...

So today, of course, I start thinking about how to make this gasket stay put this time. In my box o' goodies from WS I still had some gasket cement - so I used it to attach the gasket, then set the cat in place and replaced the hood.

Now I'm concerned that the cement will somehow cause problems...true or not? Thoughts welcome.

Thanks!
Mary

P.S. It's not necessary to replace ALL gaskets every year, is it?

Worry not Mary. All will be fine.

Reactions: mfglickman
Thank you! :)

I was trying to figure out what this hood is your talking about then discovered you have the older 201 model. How long has it been since other gaskets have been replaced? Maybe call Woodstock and see if they have a gasket kit for your stove and change out the rest just to keep them all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.