Gasket replacement 10-cpm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mithesaint

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2011
NW Ohio
My 10-cpm has failed the dollar bill test on the door gasket. Multiple different places too. It looks pretty good yet, and the stove is only 3 years old. Is there a way to adjust the door hinges? I looked, and if there is, it's not very obvious!

I'm planning on ordering a new door gasket. Should I go ahead and replace the rest at the same time? Are the rest of the gaskets that important? I have a hard time seeing how the hopper is sealed with the entire back half of the door being the hinge. What about the ash pan gasket?

I'm going to order combustion blower gaskets, because I'm due to pull and clean that.

Replace them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.