Gaskets for Big E

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajwoodman

Hearth Supporter
Aug 6, 2008
Me
We need to clean the blowers on our Big E. Should we have gaskets before attempting this? It has been said that those gaskets are flimsy. Just wondering if we should wait until we have replacements before attempting it. We have burnt about a ton and a half of pellets.
Thanks

I would suggest that you do.

I was as careful as I though I could be, and still ripped one of them. Was able to get it back into position but will be replacing them come spring.

It is a must to have a Combustionblower gasket on hand. They rip to easy.

I always have one by my stove! If you have a hard time finding one See Eric at kinsman stoves! He's the man.

jay

jtakeman said:

I always have one by my stove! If you have a hard time finding one See Eric at kinsman stoves! He's the man.

jay

Thanks for the plug.

Come on in and get warm by the fire. The adult beverages are in the back fridge.

I am currently out of combustion gaskets but have some on the way.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
jtakeman said:

jay

Thanks for the plug.

Come on in and get warm by the fire. The adult beverages are in the back fridge.

Eric

Eric,

I can't I'm still on half rastions till the end of the supper bowl.

Jay

Most local plumbing/burner supply stores sell high temp cut-your-own sheet size gasket material if your in a hurry.
Mike -

jtakeman said:
kinsman stoves said:
jtakeman said:

jay

Thanks for the plug.

Eric

Eric,

I can't I'm still on half rastions till the end of the supper bowl.

Jay

Jay, how long does it take to eat the "supper bowl" at your place? Here, we'd be enjoying a cold beverage in about 15 minutes. :lol:

macman,

Eric has me in a kind of a drinkers time out. I was wrong and He was right about something.

Back to time out!

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.