Gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY12553

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2011
Southern NY
I changed all the gaskets on the doors on my fireplace and boy what a difference. Last year the glass used to get dirty really quick this year i actually see what people mean about the glass staying clean! Maybe it is also a mix of the wood that i'm using is another year older! So far so good!

Reactions: DAKSY
I changed all the gaskets on the doors on my fireplace and boy what a difference. Last year the glass used to get dirty really quick this year i actually see what people mean about the glass staying clean! Maybe it is also a mix of the wood that i'm using is another year older! So far so good!
That's funny you say that about changing the gaskets. I did the same thing cleaning my Esse, and I noticed the stove seemed to burn better, not that it burned bad before. I changed out the hobb gasket, that's under the top cooking plate and also added a regular glass gasket to the door. Before the glass had just thin strips of a fire proof material that the glass retaining clips rested on. I think I actually made the stove more air tight. The dollar bill test tells all anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.