Gasser's See your flame 2nd & 3rd chamber [Helps Alot] Photo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie88

May 13, 2011
maine
I have done some little adjusting on this and being able to see the 2nd and 3rd chamber helps so much I really dont know how you guys who buy these with no windows can adj. them? Up-date, my unit is home made and up draft,would not have any other, the door on bottom is 1rst. chamber the middle whole is 2nd. where most action happends and the blue flame is 3rd, Seeing this is almost a thing you have to have. Heck just turning my air adj. just a small amount will change the flame ALOT!. Hope this may help some of you with projects,

Attachments

• SAM_0824.jpg
    SAM_0824.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 342
  • SAM_0829.jpg
    SAM_0829.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 357
  • SAM_0812.jpg
    SAM_0812.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 345
That is way too cool! Is it a boiler or a hot air furnace(I think I can see a nipple in the lower left, so I'm guessing boiler)? Are you force-feeding it with a fan of is it a natural updraft? Great job!

Hello, Yes it is a boiler, 300 Gal. water storage, I run a fan with outlets in all 3 chambers that can be ajusted, the 3rd chamber gets it air right at end of 2nd. chamber and beginning of 3rd. I started buring wood in Sept. [heat DHW also] and as of now I used 2.5 cords wood, mild winter for northern maine but still cold at times.

Attachments

• SAM_0675.jpg
    SAM_0675.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 237
  • SAM_0489.jpg
    SAM_0489.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 230
One more thing, The air into the 3rd. chamber I really discovered by accident, I had it running and went to clean the glass and found the flame gets a little bigger and longer when just a LITTLE more air is inserted, to much will cause it to get smaller go out, So be carefull when adj. your air.

If you figured your time @ $1/hour, with parts and all, how much do you think you've got into your build?

Status
Not open for further replies.