GC60 baffle falls after cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ekehoe

Feb 21, 2014
Maine
Almost every time we clean out the stove, the baffle falls about an hour into firing it up again, no matter how well we are sure we're placed it. Takes a couple tries.

The baffle itself is now warped some, but more than anything I'm pissed about the amount of pellets I have to basically junk when shutting this down. Pellets are expensive here, and not easy to get.

Does this happen to anyone else? The back wall falls forward, and the baffle falls down. I'm worried because this is my only source of heat in the winter, and we leave it running when we're not here during the day. If this happens when we're not here, I'm scared as to how the stove will act, and how dangerous it is.

Honestly, I'm about to get rid of this thing and just get a damn furnace.

That seems to be a common problem with the castle stoves. I would contact you dealer or the manufacturer and ask if they have a solution.