GCI60 combustion issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USNYON

Jan 26, 2015
Harrisburg, PA
Hi everyone. I'm a recently separated veteran of eight years from the Navy and I moved back to my home town in Pennsylvania so I could freeze to death this winter. I got rid of my inefficient oil furnace for a Hampton Regency GCI60 and I've been having combustion issues because it was never gauged properly on heat setting five.

I pulled the stove out of the fireplace and noticed there was a hole the size of my thumb on the exhaust shaft of the combustion fan that was completely open. I looked on line for replacement parts and found the replacement fan with the same hole, but it was plugged up with a metal cap.

Can anyone look at their combustion fan please and see if they have a hole in the shaft as well on the side of the fan? I'd also like to know if the hole that you check for negative pressure on the front right of the stove is supposed to have a screw in it as well. Thanks for your time everyone. Enjoy the last usage of your stove this year.

V/r,
Matt

Williamson ,

Do you know if the combustion fan in the back should have a hole in it's exhaust shaft too. Thanks for your reply. I've been having a hard time getting my dealer and the manufacturer to even respond to my calls and emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.