Geneva Andes 419

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CptDondo

Jan 30, 2022
HovnoCuc1!
I bought this stove from a friend for my cabin. I am trying to find some history on these stoves. It’s a Geneva Andes 419. Any information on the manufacturer, possible year of manufacture, etc would be welcome.

Also, the stove is complete except for the crank. Anyone know where I can get a crank?

5B210BE7-FE81-4568-813D-67588710E57D.jpeg

It's a good looking coal stove. My guess would be from the late 1800s or early 1900s. It looks restored. The cranks are available online sometimes on eBay or possibly at an antique stove restore shop. If installed it will need a proper hearth and 36" clearances from all combustibles. That can be reduced to 18" or 12" with proper NFPA wall shielding.

Thanks! Yes, my friend had the stove in his old house, and restored it. Then he built a new house and the stove wasn’t a good fit.

The way the stove is now, it’s 14” from the walls. My plan is to use corrugated glavanized panels 2” from the wall to provide heat shielding. The carpet will get removed and I’ll build a proper tile hearth. The ceiling is wood, and 7’6” high. Do I need to make some provisions for heat shielding the ceiling?