Getting ready to order my Blaze King Princess- Convection deck or not?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjorn773

Sep 12, 2007
Rockford, Illinois
After many months of indecision and asking lots of questions here, I am ready to order my stove. I'm going with the Princess over the Fireview due mainly to size. The folks at Woodstock felt their stove would be on the small side for my needs. Anyway, I'm going to order from my dealer. I haven't found much info about the convection deck. What exactly does it do and should I be adding it to my order?

The idea behind the convection deck is that it directs the air coming from the fan across the top of the stove. Hopefully some folks with the Princess will address whether it should be added to your order, as I have no personal experience with it.

I do believe that the Ultra version of the Princess has the convection deck with it, which is what I would be ordering. (I don't have experience, but I do have opinions :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.