Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new saw.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pointing out that they ( dolmar) arnt junk and are made by a reputable co. . Everyone knows stihl is german made or owned. Dolmar just isnt very well known. For that matter Echo is a darn good brand too. Personally i like any well made tool.

Congrats on your new saw. Hope you have many years of trouble free service.

Larry

Yeah, maybe everybody on this board knows that Stihl is German owned, but I doubt a sliver of people in the world actually know that. Heck, a lot of chainsaw owners have probably never heard of Stihl.

And your point is taken. I just thought you were trying to distinguish Dolmar as the better of the two because it was a subsidiary of Mercedes Benz and engineered in Germany.

I love my dolmar 7900 24" bar 6.3hp. I work in a small engine shop we work on far more stihls than dolmars & we are the local warrenty shop for dolmar. We dont sell any new equp. or tools. Dolmar is made by the same parrent co as mersadies benz. (Sp) German tech is pretty good.

I didn't realize Mercedes Benz was owned by Makita of Japan. You learn something new everyday. ;)

Makita bought Dolmar back in 1991 and still owns them. That's why the blue Makita's you see being rented in Home Depot are the exact same as Dolmar models painted red.

When I bought my 362 last week the 441? new saw was marked made in Germany .I briefly considered buying it instead .It was over $300 more . I am ALWAYS disappointed to here of top shelf equip jobbered out to china.;sick

Status
Not open for further replies.