Gifted Stove - working pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeGreen said:
If it were me I'd move the stove upstairs where you will get the full benefit of the heat and its good looks. But if you have to use it in the basement I would insulate the walls asap. It isn't that hard to do and the benefits are great, even for your oil consumption. Go to the main information section for info on wall shielding. It is pretty easy to do. You can use almost any noncombustible material, so depending on what is on hand, you may want to get creative.

would LOVE to have the stove upstairs, but the wife is pretty picky about things and she doesn't have the same affection for the stove as I do. I think that will change once she feels the heat. Our house isn't very large either, so finding a place to put the stove with access to the flue would be impossible. One side is a hallway, the other is the basement stairs - dead center of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.