Glass Doors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterandel

Hearth Supporter
Feb 21, 2010
Louisville KY
Hello, I am looking for some glass doors for my Buck Stove Insert. Buck says they stopped manufacturing them 3 years ago so please help me find a used set or somewhere that manufactures new ones. There are two doors on the front and they are 16.5" tall by 10.5" wide. Buck says the glass is 9" tall by 6.5" wide. If I can't find existing doors, I may cut a hole in the doors I have and install the glass.. Any thoughts?

1st thought.. Watch eBay, comb Craig's list, go to Buck Stoves web site, print out their USA dealer list, call, call, call all those dealers and see if "someone" has a set of NOS doors, or maybe a trade in, that has them.

2nd thought,if the doors are cast iron, I think cutting and adding glass maybe tricky, cast iron can be funny stuff.

EDIT: 3rd thought.. WELCOME to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.