1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Glowboy insert clogging up

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by schmeg, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmeg

schmeg Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Hello all from central Maine.

I had a Glowboy pellet insert installed this year and have gone through 12 or so bags of Ashland pellets. I screen and vac my pellets, and I've had 3 jam ups right at the end of the auger just before the pellets drop down the chute to the burn pot. I am miffed at this point. I don't know what more I can do. Am I doomed with this stove. The auger feeds from the bottom of the bin and feeds upward, then the pellets drop down a chute into the pot. Yes, I clean the stove almost daily also. Thanks Jay.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    I would try another brand of pellets and see how they go.
  3. schmeg

schmeg Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I will do that, but unfortunately I have 3.5 tons of these pellets. It was a hard year to try different brands of pellets with all the hoarding going on, so I bought at the
    opportunity these pellets gave. They are marketed as "Northeast Pellets" from Ashland Maine, andseem to have a good following. The are fairly clean out of the bag,
    but the length of the pellets varies from 1/4 inch all the way to 1 3/4 or so. Not sure if that is causing the log jam. Again the jam occurs right at the end of the auger before the pellets drop out.
    Thanks Jay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.