golden grain vs whitfield advantage 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketroy

Hearth Supporter
Jan 4, 2009
vancouver canada
hi my name is roy, im a regular reader of this forum as i believe most questions can be answered or have been before.
Anyway i have these two stoves last winter i used the golden grain, with wood pellets, but it simply could not give of enough heat without bing on full nearly all the time.this winter i now have a whitfield advantage insert and its really good.

after some reserch i found out that there both rated at 11,000 to 38,000 , but we found the golden grain to be much lower that the whitfield, am i missing something, before i sell the golden grain simply because i was dissapointed.
we are using the same chimney liner for both a flex steel liner all the way up thu two floors to the exit, were using the same fuel for both firemaster pellets from rona here in vancouver, the only change has been the stove and its been dramatic to say the least.
im posting a link to information on both our stoves.. Roy

ps and many thanks to the very knowlagable[sp] posters on here who take the time to expain what they know to the laymen like me, thanks. R

http://www.goldengrainstove.com/m_1201.htm

http://www.whitfield.com/resources/brochure/Lennox_Hearth_Advantage_II-T_Brochure_785098M.pdf

Does the Golden Grain need something different to burn pellets vs corn. Maybe burn pot?

I ask because the website says Golden Grain corn stove like its primarily for corn.

thanks for your reply, i presume by burn pot that you mean the metal container inside the stove that the pellets fall into as they come out of the auger and into the flame. the advantage clearly has the right "pot" as it works. the golder grain has is like hollow rubics cube into which you put the pellets, the the pot goes over the hole in which air is blown to feed the fire and they are clearly made for each other, i wasnt aware that there was a possibility to change this based on different fuel in diffent stoves.
i hope that makes sence Roy

It was just a suggestion, as some stoves that were designed to burn corn need different equipment to burn pellets sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.