Goldilocks upper plate plans?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drsimm1776

Dec 3, 2012
I saw a few folks making or ?buying? a plate to put inside to make the stove more efficient.
Buy where / whom from?
Make i.e .does any one have a sketch with dimensions or plans or ?
Don Simmons
Berthoud, Colorado

Welcome to the forum;
From any steel supplier, ask for A-36 mild steel. Most have a cut charge, but they're reasonable.

Goldilocks has a factory "smoke shelf baffle" that sits on two welded pieces of angle iron on the sides. (Does not need to be fastened to the stove or supports). If you have these supports in your stove, you can see the size of the plate matches the angle iron length. The post with measurements can be found here; Post #120 https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/everything-fisher.48309/page-5

Goldolocks baffle;
Smoke Shelf Baffle 1984 Goldilocks.JPG Goldilocks Baffle 2.JPG

This one was my sole heat source for over 20 years and shows no sign of warping , rust or wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.