Good Buy $ ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba3228

Aug 30, 2011
central wisconsin
I have never used Dolmar but my good friend has one that looks like that and he loves it. I would like to try it. 150 you could do no wrong....

I have a Dolmar410 that is of that vintage. Has worked perfectly since new.

Dolmar has a great rep and a VERY loyal fan following. Just not a household name like Stihl or Husqvarna. Lots of folks here on the forum are running Dolmar/Makita saws.

Good saws but like others have said they are not a household name. Can be hard to find parts in some areas. If it has good compression and cut good $150 doesn't seem bad.

bubba3228 said:
I have some saws that I am working on to make a little walk'n around money.

If your looking to "flip" this saw for walk'n around money, there isn't much left after the $150 initial buy. Top dollar on that used saw isn't much further up the scale than what you are paying.

Thanks Jags that was kinda my intent, If I can do some quick cleaning, sharpening and make a few bucks in that process. The saw looks good on the pic, not all beat up. Thanks again for the input.

bubba3228 said:
Thanks Jags that was kinda my intent,

In my opinion - there isn't much to be made on that saw.

Dolmar seems to be gaining in popularity but slowly. I am forunate to have a dealer close by but they aren't on every street corner like Stihl. Another really good saw is Solo and there isn't a dealer in my state. After owning one though I will always have a Solo 681 even if there wasn't a dealer in my country.

The numbers don't seem right, it looks like a Sachs Dolmar 111. I was a dealer for SD for about 10 years & its one of the best saws around, Randy It is a $150.00 saw top retail value if its what it appears to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.