Good day in the woods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sblat

Nov 3, 2010
Haslett, MI
Got out today for a few hours at my buddies farm. Trying to get my last couple trailer loads to get 12-13 finished, so I can start 13-14. Trying to have that wood all done for the next 2 winters all c/s/s by April. The load I got today filled my 5x8 trailer packed over 2' tall, really close to a cord. Lots of dead red and white oak, some ash, and some maple.

Attachments

• IMAG0275.jpg
    IMAG0275.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 318
  • IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0276.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 321
The ground finally firm up splat? Looks like we have more snow , just east of you. :)

Wishlist, working mostly on the high ground. Not real firm, but work able. Waiting for it to get a little harder before I get out on the golf course and take out this season of ash trees. Took out about 70 last year, and looking at an easy 30 more this year. My buddies place also has tons of ash to cut when the low areas freeze up. If the wife lets me out of the house to do it, shouldn't be a problem to get 2 years ahead in a couple months.

Picking up a Huskee 22 ton splitter next weekend. Splitting the cost with my neighbor. Crazy excited!

That ash is good wood and getting a couple years ahead is always a good thing. I've cut a bunch of ash the last few years and recently I've found that some is getting punky on occasion. Spoke to a tree trimming contractor for consumers the other day and they won't climb ash anymore. All done with bucket truck.
Congrats on the splitter. I made a table for mine, works great. :)

Was the table an easy/cheap build? Do you have a pic? I would like to have one to limit bending over so much, but the log cradle on ebay is 80 bucks.

Log table was real easy, cost me $0 by using scrap material. I posted pics just recently in the gear forum. I think you can do a search and find it, if not let me know. I would make it at least as long as I did, if your standing at the splitter its nice to be able to slide the large splits to the "right" and this will allow you to split the wood you have left without interfering with the split on the table. Hope this makes sense! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.