Good Day!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
For you east coasters, do you think most product is being shipped over seas? I know we see that here too being on the great lakes and all, seems like a shame. I know it's all business, but imho that sucks. We have a plant up in northern MN that makes buffalo board, my neighbor and I have been remodeling his place up there for the last couple of years. Funny thing that the plant is less than 10 miles from his place up north, but it is cheaper to buy the same product hundreds of miles south here in the Twin Cities MN where we live and haul it up there to northern MN. Goofy to say the least, I haven't quite figure it out. I won't even start on the number of rail cars coming down from Canada full of natural gas and lumber, and how all the walleye fisherman here in MN hit Canada and the Canada guys come here to MN. I think they could save a lot of gas money and just hand the fish over at the border? Totally OT, apologies. As far as the self serve thing goes, yep, totally cool, nice product, great price. The stove shops and big boxes here are another $30-50 higher per ton, I think the farmer guy has some bucks and just does it to do it like many farmer guys do. Very cool.

Isn't often you get your first product shipment AND a barrel of farmer pellets all in the same day, I call that a good day. Not sure if you can zoom enough to see on the picture, today's price is $190 ton, up ten bucks from a few week ago darn it! Thought I'd share, apologies to the east coasters, no offense regarding the prices intended.

Attachments

• 1008091543a.jpg
    1008091543a.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 267
jtakeman said:
no pane said:
not sure wut i'm lookin @ but i'm glad ur excited.
......And teasing us east coasters. Complaining about $190 a ton. I haven't seen that price in about 8 years here in CT! :ahhh:

Yep, he's teasing us alright....and I'm not happy about it! :mad:

(But if I get a "complimentary" logs w/ fire stove trivet....then I'll be very happy! :cheese: )

macman said:
jtakeman said:
no pane said:
not sure wut i'm lookin @ but i'm glad ur excited.
......And teasing us east coasters. Complaining about $190 a ton. I haven't seen that price in about 8 years here in CT! :ahhh:

Yep, he's teasing us alright....and I'm not happy about it! :mad:

(But if I get a "complimentary" logs w/ fire stove trivet....then I'll be very happy! :cheese: )

mac gets the trivet, I get the pellets %-P

Apologies for the crappy cell phone pict, didn't realize the sun was reflecting. That is a pict of the truck bed at the pellet farmers place, I was blowing pellets in the barrel (note the vendor thing in the background, put your $20's in and get pellets) and looking at the pallet of new stove screens. Honestly did not mean to tease! Other than the east coast price comment, maybe guilty a little there! I can't believe with all the mills out that way that you guys are forced to pay so much, just doesn't make sense to me.

GotzTheHotz said:
Apologies for the crappy cell phone pict, didn't realize the sun was reflecting. That is a pict of the truck bed at the pellet farmers place, I was blowing pellets in the barrel (note the vendor thing in the background, put your $20's in and get pellets) and looking at the pallet of new stove screens. Honestly did not mean to tease! Other than the east coast price comment, maybe guilty a little there! I can't believe with all the mills out that way that you guys are forced to pay so much, just doesn't make sense to me.

Ahh, We know you weren't teasing us. (But I still get the pellets!) :)

GotzTheHotz said:
.....(note the vendor thing in the background, put your $20's in and get pellets) .........I can't believe with all the mills out that way that you guys are forced to pay so much, just doesn't make sense to me.
I think that self serve pellet dispenser is pretty cool. They have something similar at the golf course near me for range balls.

As for the "east coast" pellet prices, the answer to that is easy......all the people that live in the east are "rich", so of course, we can afford to pay more for pellets. >:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.