Good Deal On Super Cedars!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

argali66

Aug 10, 2012
Orland, Maine
I ordered 72 Super Cedars with no wrapping yesterday and they shipped out the same day. Now that is how you do it. They had already sent me 2 Free ones and they worked as described. Timeliness is a great thing for any business. Thanks guys at Super Cedars!

Steve
:cool:

I did too, last week! I was very surprised to see that they were shipped the same day. Don't know how long it will take to get here; they might be sitting on my doorstep at home as we speak.
I figure 72 should last me a couple of years, plus we are keeping a fellow wood junkie in business.;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
did everyone remember to put "hearth" in for the discount code to save 10%?!?

pen

They are a little messy so I open the package inside the stove , break it into four pie pieces, use 1pce and put the rest back in the wrapper. They do work awesome!

Ordered 100 green editions and can say they are everything described here on Hearth. I imagine this stash will last me a long time even after giving a bunch of them to my buddy. No longer need to save newspaper or even chop much kindling. Just light a quarter SC and let it start the splits.

did everyone remember to put "hearth" in for the discount code to save 10%?!?

pen
I sure did. Never one to miss a discount!

They are a little messy so I open the package inside the stove , break it into four pie pieces, use 1pce and put the rest back in the wrapper. They do work awesome!

No need for them to be messy at all. I break them into quarters before removing the wrapping. Then I just slit the cellophane enough to remove a quarter then store the rest in a zip loc bag. No mess at all this way. But I can see if you unwrap them first and then break them you will get some crumbs.

I actually do break them first and then unwrap them (i didn't splain it good<> ) but when I open the package I get some "crumbs", but if I open the package in the stove the crumbs fall on the wood.

I got my free sample today! Fast shipping! I cant wait to use them, i will be getting more...

Not sure why but we get very little crumbs. Maybe it is because I open the wrapper just enough to get one piece out and hold it so that I lift it up. Crumbs then would just stay or fall into the wrapper. If any crumbs, then they can be thrown into the stove when you use the last quarter of a piece.

ok.....I'll take some pics ;lol

Reactions: pen
Reactions: Dairyman
I think a video would actually work better to help analyze the situation :p

pen

I'm thinking a 4 camera shoot in natural lighting:cool:

Not sure why but we get very little crumbs. Maybe it is because I open the wrapper just enough to get one piece out and hold it so that I lift it up. Crumbs then would just stay or fall into the wrapper. If any crumbs, then they can be thrown into the stove when you use the last quarter of a piece.

I used to open the package and score the puck. Now, as others have said, I crack it into 1/4ths in the package. Like you said, very little mess, stays in the wrapper. A 1/4 is more than adequate with kindling or construction lumber starter wood.

I need a 50 ct order myself. I'm down to only a handful.

It just hit me. Are there some that are not scored? 1/4 will also start a fire if you run out of kindling or construction lumber. All you need is dry wood.

It just hit me. Are there some that are not scored? 1/4 will also start a fire if you run out of kindling or construction lumber. All you need is dry wood.

Mine were not scored what do you Mean by that?

Hold on. I'll get a picture.

I want a 4 minute rebuttal! OH!...wrong thread;)

I help boost the economy I start fires using the whole darn thing in the wrapper. I don.t start fires that often my stove burns all the time.

I use them outside burnin g brush and stumps again the whole thing in wrapper.

Don't you guys think you could break them in 1/8 s and maybe save a few more pennies.

Reactions: cptoneleg
They come in a box like this and no advertising on each super cedar. I wasn't sure which would give the better picture so took one with the cellophane on and one with it off.

Good Deal On Super Cedars!Good Deal On Super Cedars!Good Deal On Super Cedars!

Reactions: NWfuel
Yes, many do break them into 1/8 size. I've also used them for burning brush piles.

Oh i see they do it when they make them.

Thank you Dennis.

I help boost the economy I atart fires using the whole darn thing in the wrapper. I don.t start firesp that often my stove burns all the time.

I use them outside burnin g brush and stumps again the whole thing in wrapper.

Don't you guys think you could break them in 1/8 s and maybe save a few more pennies.

I'm gonna save all of the crumbs and make my own super cedars:p

Status
Not open for further replies.