Good deals on woodstoves...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john317

Hearth Supporter
I just got a heck of a deal on a PE Summit. My Father picked up a Jotul 400 as well. A guy to the north of me in Danforth, ME bought out the inventory of a couple stove shops that went out of business. He's selling them cheap. Downside: no dealer service. If you can deal with that PM me for contact info.

Mods: if this is not appropriate please delete. The gentleman in question is not real tech savvy and I thought some folks on here could save some money in these tough economic times. If this post is totally inappropriate I apologize.

probably got them at the sunrise auction

I love stove dealer auctions. Bought thirteen Jotul gas and wood stoves at one of them new on the pallets and the inventory of accessories and blowers for $2,800. Ya don't even wanna know what I made on that deal. And what great deals my customers got.

summit said:
probably got them at the sunrise auction

My thoughts exactly since they carried both PEs and Jotuls.

its too bad about that shop... appearantly the big muckity muck there was embezzelling money, pocketing cash sales, etc. 1yr removed from the best hearth sales year ever, and the go bankrupt. we bought a bunch of units at their auction, dirt cheap! (best grab we got was a summit classic for 300, and also a 12 count pallet of direct vent snorkels, retail 450/per, all for $12)

There are good deals in the classified ads to just picked up a Intrepid 2 #1990 ... Included was hearth pad back and bottom heat sheilds screen and the whole set up threw the roof wood rack and tools 600$ . The Stove was hardly used I have been looking for one for a while for second stove I like the catalytic stoves to me they burn cleaner and less wood ...

Burn on!!!

summit said:
its too bad about that shop... appearantly the big muckity muck there was embezzelling money, pocketing cash sales, etc. 1yr removed from the best hearth sales year ever, and the go bankrupt. we bought a bunch of units at their auction, dirt cheap! (best grab we got was a summit classic for 300, and also a 12 count pallet of direct vent snorkels, retail 450/per, all for $12)

Wish I'd known about that auction.

It is too bad about that shop. Unfortunatley the guy who caused the financial havoc is from the town I live in :(

Status
Not open for further replies.