Good drying day!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
Temp pushing 70, sunny, windy all day with a peak of 20, gusting to 30, and humidity under 40%. I wish I had more wood stacked right now because in the summer, even though it's hotter, the wind isn't as good and the leaves on the trees kill what little breeze there is where my stacks are. I may get a chance to stack in a neighbor's always-breezy spot on the edge of a field and on top of a hill. Am I naive to think that some dead Oak might even be able to get dry there this summer? :oops:
I guess I'd better get the taxes done first....

Wow Woody. What a difference a few hundred miles makes! We are just getting to see Mother Earth again in spots. Certainly not in the woods though but the open fields are now mostly standing water with the edges still having snow. I did go into an area today with the atv that I could not get through just a week ago. If we could have a few 50 degree days, things would change a lot.

Was 80 here and I have about 1.5 of the 3.5 cord I want/need.

This Should be a forum infraction. There should be a rule of NO shoving daises, grass, and warm sun in our faces until the lower 48 is snow free. It's not fair, not fair, not fair. All of you sunny daises stink! :mad:

I really need to get about 8 cords stacked to stay three years ahead of our stove plus the MIL's Buck. I'm hoping to keep us burning Oak from now on. I also need to cut another 3-4 cords for others to split and stack. That wood is for next season so it will be dead stuff I can find that's either ready to go, or that will dry quickly in the aforementioned windy spot, dead standing White Ash, e.g.

This Should be a forum infraction. There should be a rule of NO shoving daises, grass, and warm sun in our faces until the lower 48 is snow free. It's not fair, not fair, not fair. All of you sunny daises stink! :mad:
I'm glad I saw this post before I mentioned that the Crocuses have been up for a couple weeks at my MIL's house. It's a few degrees warmer in town, though. Rest assured that out here we are still suffering. :)

Kinda revenge for being told all Winter that they don't have real Winters. ;lol The coldest I have ever been in my life was one night in St. Louis.

Which night?

Last time I went camping in the winter here it just happened to be we had highs of 5F Lows over night were below -20. My wife refuses to winter camp with me anymore. lol

The coldest I have ever been in my life was one night in St. Louis.
I don't know if it's the valley or what, but that place gets hotter than blazes in the summer, too. I see a lot of temps five or more degrees hotter than here, and it's pretty close to us to the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.