good end to my week.green team $197

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
thats right.$197 per ton.sent a pm to scott williamson last night to see if he new of any good deals on pellets and he informed me that HD had stove chow @ $197 a ton.i like em but dont love em and have always had good luck with the green team.so off i went to lowes today to inform them of the huge price difference ($100) between them and HD.they called HD to verify the price and he said he would price match.he then asked how many bags i wanted and i wish you all could have seen his face when i asked for 6 ton.it gets even better.my buddy lives a mile from me and 3 ton were for him and the manager said they would deliver to both addresses for one delivery charge of $65.
6 ton of green team delivered to 2 different addresses for $1247.
they also have green supremes but i've never burned those and from a recent post i saw they are rebagged newps.decided to play it safe and buy what i know burns good in my stove.
wish all of you the best on your pellet hunt.

Nice... Good to see that prices are still LOW.. $197 for GT's (or Stove Chow) is Awesome. I wish we had a better selection here in Northeast Ohio. No Chows, GT's, Okies, Barefoots, Truman's, Energex, etc..

Somersets, AWF's, Pro-Pellet, Easy Heats, and Lignetic Green Labels and Lignetic Prest-Logs. Those are the Only Brands I have seen here. I have Burned Greenways and Tidy Timbers (trip to Pa.) along with all the others listed. No Good Softwoods here..

I played it safe and Stocked Up last season.. I bought 5 ton last Jan ($177/ton at HD), then 2 ton ($175/ton Local Feed store)in March , and another 2 ton ($185/ton from Stove Shop) in April. Feels good being ahead of the curve. I miss being able to Buy pellets though.. I still "Hunt" them out. I dont think I will ever get this far ahead again. I like to be able to "Shop Around"!! No Shopping for me. With the installation of our woodstove, I have around a 3-4 year supply now..

Hello

Please tell me which Lowes and Home Depot stores wore they?

home depot in south attleboro
lowes in w.bridgewater
i believe i cleaned them out of green team but they did have 10/12 ton of green supreme

corkman said:
home depot in south attleboro
lowes in w.bridgewater
i believe i cleaned them out of green team but they did have 10/12 ton of green supreme

Hello

Thank-you

As soon as Lowes get's them here is Salem, I will be armed with that price info and ready to pounce!!

They have to price match their own store. Thanks again!!

j-takeman said:
Don speaking like a true pig! :cheese:

Thanks Jay

Oink - Oink :)

corkman said:
thats right.$197 per ton.sent a pm to scott williamson last night to see if he new of any good deals on pellets and he informed me that HD had stove chow @ $197 a ton.i like em but dont love em and have always had good luck with the green team.so off i went to lowes today to inform them of the huge price difference ($100) between them and HD.they called HD to verify the price and he said he would price match.he then asked how many bags i wanted and i wish you all could have seen his face when i asked for 6 ton.it gets even better.my buddy lives a mile from me and 3 ton were for him and the manager said they would deliver to both addresses for one delivery charge of $65.
6 ton of green team delivered to 2 different addresses for $1247.
they also have green supremes but i've never burned those and from a recent post i saw they are rebagged newps.decided to play it safe and buy what i know burns good in my stove.
wish all of you the best on your pellet hunt.

That's a great deal, lowes in rochester won't price match unless the product's are the same you got lucky.

their policy is to price match and give an additional 10% off a competitors price that you can proove is lower than theirs.they will do the price match but not give the additional 10% unless unless it is the exact same pellet.make sure you go armed with coupons also.this all happened so quick i was a little unprepared but couldnt be happier about the deal i got.best of luck

Thanks for the info corkman, i'm going to my local lowes store monday and get 5 ton. I went to a local stove shop in town, he has curran pellets in stock for $229 ton. He said he would call and let me know how much to ship, that was a week ago not a good way to start a new business in a small town.

Status
Not open for further replies.