Good for the money or not really worth it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stallau

May 17, 2009
Southern ME
There's a Magnum Baby Countryside that is 4 yrs old for $500. Are these a decent stove or more headaches than they are worth? I'm looking for one to heat the area over my garage just as needed not a constant use.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Main issue with these stoves is it seems they are a little hard to clean. Leaf blower should do the trick though. May like cleaner burning pellets. I think they put out good heat though.

The older ones had burning issues. They have a poor flowing system. A few mods or upgrades and its a good little heater.

For $500 that's not bad, but be prepared to get dirty cleaning it (before you bring it inside, hit it with compressed air everywhere) then search Baby Countryside and read on the mods (air wash/burn pot or upgrades pellet pot/High CFM combustion blower)

The standard Countryside has a much better breathing system, the Baby, seems to choke until helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.