1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Good thing I didn't want a full ton

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by 343amc, Nov 21, 2012.

1. 343amc

343amc Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I stopped by Menards today in Comstock Park to look at a few things and saw they had Magic Spark pellets as well as their usual Michigan wood pellets. I picked up a half ton since as that is all my truck can safely carry, and one can never have enough pellets, especially at $175/ton. I got a self service ticket and drove around back. All the pallets that held the Magic Sparks had been driven into in one way, shape or form. At least they were wrapped well and I was able to get 25 bags that hadn't been obliterated into next week.

On a brighter note, there are probably 8 ton or so of Michigan pellets that are fully intact if anyone is interested. :)

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    'tis but a scratch. the black knight always triumphs....have at you!
  3. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Forklift driver got his license at Sears!
    briansol likes this.
  4. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    I had a ton of Magic Sparks last year, They burned hot for me!
  5. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    That pallet is all forked up.
    jtakeman and Eatonpcat like this.
  6. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    I always tell people I learned how to drive forklift by watching youtube....makes for comical facial expressions while loading stoves and tons into vehicles.
  7. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    $175 a ton for Magic Spark? WOW

Eric
  8. 343amc

343amc Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Is that a good wow or bad wow? Both Home Depot and Menards jumped on the Michigan pellet bandwagon. Magic Sparks are a box store dream in this area.
    kinsmanstoves likes this.
  9. Salty

Salty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Ma
    Magic Spark what a name LOL

Michigans holy moly that is the one pellet I rate worse than Infernos. Like burning wet socks. Drop one bag in your hopper and the stove has to be cleaned 3x a day.
  10. jrsdws

jrsdws Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    I just saw Magic Sparks in a local Menards here today and barely contained myself!! I found them to be a very close second to Somersets. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if they became the staple here.
    kinsmanstoves likes this.
  11. 343amc

343amc Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I was foolish enough to buy Michigan pellets last season. I have a few left that I'm trying to burn before cold weather sets in. I see this year they changed the bags. I had to look twice to see if it was the same company.

Never have seen Inferno's here. I'd probably buy a bag if I saw them just to see what they are really like. Kinda like when someone says a certain beer tastes like chit, but you still try it for yourself. Usually the person providing advice is correct.
  12. boosted3g

boosted3g Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central PA
    I love crazy forklift drivers. I stop by lowes every week and buy torn bags for a buck a peice. I havent had to the need to touch my Turmans or Somersets this year with the forklift operators of the west Lancaster store.
    UMainah likes this.
  13. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
    Magic Spark's

hehe...

Isn't that what we call Inferno's here in the Northeast.
    Never know what color the flames or sparks will be. !!!

I'm sure they are a better fuel.....they can't be much worse!
    ---Nailer---
  14. 343amc

343amc Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I didn't even think of that. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I pass through there.
  15. mithesaint

mithesaint Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Ohio
    Second that. My stove loves those pellets. Almost as hot as Somersets but the bag seems to last significantly longer.
    twpman likes this.
  16. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Magic Sparks are another name for Pro Pellets.

A great pellet for that price. You may be disappointed in the forklift driver, but you wont be disappointed in performance :)
    kinsmanstoves and Eatonpcat like this.
  17. Outerlimits

Outerlimits Member

Loc:
    West MI
    Michigan Wood Pellets, Holland, MI, have taken over the big box stores on the west side of Michigan. Most of this year's pellet hunting for me has been a bust as a result. Most of the pellet houses have wised up to this brand as many no longer will carry such a low grade pellet. Michigan Wood Pellets also rebags their pellets. The rebagged brand is called North Country. There is a night and day difference between this brand and the Magic Sparks (Pro Pellet). I made the mistake of buying 4 tons of Michigan Wood Pellets along with a ton of Maeder Brother one year. That was by far my worst year of burning pellets period.
    Eatonpcat likes this.
  18. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Isn't there 2 different Michigan wood pellets?
  19. Outerlimits

Outerlimits Member

Loc:
    West MI
    There is one in made in Grayling, MI, and the other is made in Holland,MI. I doubt the one's made in Grayling make it out your way. I have never burned the one's from Grayling so I know nothing about them. I would not buy the one's made in Holland,MI, again. I also like how Michigan Wood Pellets, Holland,MI, changed its bag this year to try to fool some people.
  20. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.

Attached Files: