good to be out working again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Well after our freak storm in october i was cutting and cleaning up trees like crazy. now after a little break back out at it again. some limbs that fell knocked some stacks over so now im re-stacking some stuff and making it look pretty again. only disappointing thing is that i love to work in the cold and its been way to warm. hopefully it will cool down again. a cool pic of the sky tonight as well. looked cool

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 325
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 318
Great picture of the sky eco, how is all the wood you grabbed from the neighbor coming?

zap

zapny said:
Great picture of the sky eco, how is all the wood you grabbed from the neighbor coming?

zap
the tree service still needs to come with the skid steer to stack it on my property. but i have lots of re stacking to do so i can get it tidy up. sick of looking at ugly stacks. then i have about 3 cords of stuff that i cut myself to split then ill get to the neighbors stuff later this winter. wishing i had a mill setup. the neighbors stuff is some really nice straight oak .

Would love to send you a % of our cold air.
To cold to get motivated to go out at sub zero for me.
Plowing, shoveling snow & bringing in fire wood is all I can get motivated to do outside the past month. Getting more daylight now, next month I'll be more motivated. :)
Yep, being outside working just feels good. (if you don't get frost bite)

Nice pictures. The "No snow" in the pics is amazing

Have fun :)

bogydave said:
Would love to send you a % of our cold air.
To cold to get motivated to go out at sub zero for me.
Plowing, shoveling snow & bringing in fire wood is all I can get motivated to do outside the past month. Getting more daylight now, next month I'll be more motivated. :)
Yep, being outside working just feels good. (if you don't get frost bite)

Nice pictures. The "No snow" in the pics is amazing

Have fun :)
yeah the no snow sucks. Feels more like spring here.

Cool pic of the evening sky eco.

Dave- we need some cold air. It was 55 yesterday and the extended forecast doesn't look all that great. With not much snow in the great lake region the lake levels will continue to fall this spring. :(

I know here & in the NW, if they have light snow fall, the creeks & rivers are low & sometimes it effects salmon runs.
Don't know what the effects of the warm sort winter will be for your farmers, critters & insects. May be a good thing, maybe not.
Some things have a pretty delicate balance, when the balance is skewed just a little, it can have big effects.
It was cold early with no snow, usually means less spring mosquitoes & other insects, good for us, bad for bats & swallows.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.