good wood burning store

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
Is there a good reputable wood burning stove store in north central Connecticut or lower central mass.one that has people that burn wood and install wood burning stoves then someone who just sells the stuff??

Thanks John

Green Mountain Stoves in New Hartford Ct. No hot tubs there, woodstoves and good people.
Rusty

bigdaddybry said:
http://www.prestontradingpost.com/

Do yourself a favor and head there. I saved a ton of money on my Jotul Rockland there. They don't install, but will steer you toward an installer in your area.

Thanks bigdaddy. in need one a little closer.

John

kniffin50 said:
Green Mountain Stoves in New Hartford Ct. No hot tubs there, woodstoves and good people.
Rusty

I'll give then a call. Thanks Rusty.

Only two good stores in CT???

All the stove shops around here have their act together, they can do it all...I figured it was pretty much the same all over. Just shop around and ask some questions Johnny...their not going to twist your arm and if they do just beat feet out of there. It's fun to shop around.

savageactor7 said:
All the stove shops around here have their act together, they can do it all...I figured it was pretty much the same all over. Just shop around and ask some questions Johnny...their not going to twist your arm and if they do just beat feet out of there. It's fun to shop around.

Thanks Savage. I guess more burn where you are then where i am. thats i think is about to change after this summer.

I'll second what Kniffin50 said about Green Mountain Stoves in New Hartford Ct.
Got my Pacific Energy insert there as did my brother... If you go to the BIG E in a couple of weeks, they will probably be there and you can get a "show special" price that will knock some money off. Good people to deal with as far as I'm concerned although I did not have any warrenty issues as of yet...

donatello said:
I'll second what Kniffin50 said about Green Mountain Stoves in New Hartford Ct.
Got my Pacific Energy insert there as did my brother... If you go to the BIG E in a couple of weeks, they will probably be there and you can get a "show special" price that will knock some money off. Good people to deal with as far as I'm concerned although I did not have any warrenty issues as of yet...

I'll look into it.don in your pic---are your jeans too tight?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.