Goodbye Fisher Hello Hearthstone!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adkjake

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Adirondack High Peaks
Flinally did it, replaced the Fisher Mama Bear that was in the house when I bought it in 2009 with a new Heartstone Shelburne stove. Went with the Hearthstone for
several reasons; got it at a great price from local dealer, lifetime warranty, and local made near Stowe, VT. If ever need parts can drive over and pick up. I also had all new
double wall insulated stainless stovepipe put in during install. No worries set up now. Third breakin burn going on now.

FYI, I've put the Fisher up for sale on Craigslist (Plattsburgh) If any of you or if you know of anyone in the Plattsburgh - Lake Placid, NY area that might be interested in it, PM me or
check out the Craigslist ad. If not sold in a week or two, I'll look to donate it.

Attached are the before and after photos.

Attachments

• Fisher MamaBear.jpg
    Fisher MamaBear.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 640
  • Hearthstone Stove.jpg
    Hearthstone Stove.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 660
An admirable choice in stoves, IMHO. Looks nice and it will no doubt smoke a lot less than the former monster. You will also get to look at it burning.

That Shellburne looks awesome there. IMHO much nicer than the Mama.

Nice looking stove. I'd be a little worried about the clearance to that tv stand.

Not as close as it looks, photo perspective might make it look closer. Is actualyl a full 24 inches. The install instructions that came with the stove
allow for a min. of 13 inches of clearance from a stove corner to combustible surface. Thirteen inches seems a bit tight to me, but that what the
instructions say is OK

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine...it's a great stove!

Adkjake said:
Not as close as it looks, photo perspective might make it look closer. Is actualyl a full 24 inches. The install instructions that came with the stove
allow for a min. of 13 inches of clearance from a stove corner to combustible surface. Thirteen inches seems a bit tight to me, but that what the
instructions say is OK

That is a great looking stove. I almost put one in our house. You are going to love seeing that nice fire. The TV will soon become a secondary form of entertainment!

Actually the new installation looks safer than the previous one. There was no hearth protection in front of the Fisher.

very nice looking stove! You will have amny a nice fire in that thing! ;)

Several reasons, the Fisher was too big for the space I was heating, only heating about 1000 SF of living space. Also wanted something newer, cleaner and more efficient. I'll probably burn less wood with the Hearthstone. Plus as one other poster noted, it is great to be able to see the fire!

fits that corner nicely, beautiful stove!....kinda like going from a Dodge Omni straight to a Lamborghini.........lol.....enjoy!

Congrats that's one pretty looking stove!

Ray

Thanks for all the props fellow woodstovers. Have first full burn going tonight. House went from 62* to 72* in just over 2 hours of burn time.
And it is great to watch the fire. It will divide my attention between that and tonight's Broncos - Jets game.

Flinally did it, replaced the Fisher Mama Bear that was in the house when I bought it in 2009 with a new Heartstone Shelburne stove. Went with the Hearthstone for
several reasons; got it at a great price from local dealer, lifetime warranty, and local made near Stowe, VT. If ever need parts can drive over and pick up. I also had all new
double wall insulated stainless stovepipe put in during install. No worries set up now. Third breakin burn going on now.

FYI, I’ve put the Fisher up for sale on Craigslist (Plattsburgh) If any of you or if you know of anyone in the Plattsburgh - Lake Placid, NY area that might be interested in it, PM me or
check out the Craigslist ad. If not sold in a week or two, I’ll look to donate it.

Just sold the old Fisher Mama Bear for $350. A fellow resident of Jay wants it to heat his workshop. He had a Fisher Mama Bear and Papa Bear years ago, so he knows the stove.

Spent a bit on the new stove and the install, but I consider this found money! Going to be a Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.