Got a Buck 91 for 500$ need some feet and maybe a collar :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hotrod624

Dec 13, 2017
Muskogee,OK
Hey guys, new here and to the world of wood stoves lol. I have a wood stove that my parents gave me but it just wasn't cutting it. I found a buck 91 for 500$ on craigslist and I picked it up yesterday. Needs some tlc but I don't think I did too shabby on it. Looks like it needs a stove collar? The deal that sits on top and connects to the piping. They had it as a insert so I'm either looking at fabricating some feet or finding some secondhand.

Geez, Could they gauge the price any higher?? At the price that is I think I could rig something up myself ( maybe forge and some welding) I called about some legs for it too today and they wanted about 180$ after shipping, Told them I would think about it lol. I'm gonna have as much invested into fixing it as I will the darn thing lol.

Geez, Could they gauge the price any higher?? At the price that is I think I could rig something up myself ( maybe forge and some welding) I called about some legs for it too today and they wanted about 180$ after shipping, Told them I would think about it lol. I'm gonna have as much invested into fixing it as I will the darn thing lol.
Damn. ;hm Well, when was the last time we saw anything go down in price..except for last year's electronics. ;lol
I wish I still had the mighty 91 to play with. I had it at my MIL's but she passed a couple years back. I tried to get the guy down the street to buy it but nooooo, he wants to keep burning his old smoke-blower stove and smoking out the 'hood. Glad I'm upwind from that smoldering mess. :rolleyes:
Anyway, you should end up loving the 91 when you get 'er dialed in. We'll be awaiting your reports. ==c