Got a Kidney Stone for Xmas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Haven't been on the board much due to all the holiday crap and stuff.
Started having a pain in my back Sat night....pain that had me keeling over and crying on the floor of the ER.
So, 4 days later that darn thing comes out....and its only about 4mm. I could not believe how much pain such a small thing could cause to oneself. I like to think that I have a somewhat high tolerance for pain, but that little sucker put me on my knees:(

I know that my dad had had his fair share of Kidney stones over the years, so I know have lots to look forward to.

So, my xmas presents were a precription of Percosets, some Flexerol, and some flomax to boot.

What did you all get for xmas? :confused:

Been there, bought the tee shirt. Mine weren't as painful as yours. They gave me a funnel with a screen to pee into so they could test the stones. After a week of carrying the screen around it went into the garbage. The low point was when the dr told me I had 3 making their way down. The pain med doesn't do much for the pain, just makes it bearable to be around people.;lol

Good Luck, we are all in this together!;)

Hmm. T - Shirt? I probably don't get one for just having 1...I guess I need to be a repeat offender to get in on the T Shirt gig, lol

Wow, that's rough. Makes Darth Tater look pretty cool

2012-12-24_20-20-56_588.jpg

You poor bugger. I had gall stones on top of a very diseased gall bladder. The pain from that would literally drop me an put me in emer on a morphine drip. Pain was bad enough to put me into shock which made diagnosing my problem very difficult...... but at least I didn't have to pass anything "through there"!

Passed 12 and counting.
First one a 9yrs old, didn't even realize I had one. Mom noticed blood in my tighty whitys, and took me to the doc to learn what was up.
Had another 10 each year for nine straight years( had 2 on 911 woke up in the hospital to the 2nd plane hitting the second tower) till about 5 or six years ago. Then went 3 years, and had my last one about 2008.
Anywhere from 4 mm to 9mm, small dots, to jagged conch shells. Passed most, had to let them go get 2 or 3, and did the sonic blaster bed once.
Aside from the fist one, the rest all sucked, worst pain ever known to this body, and dropped me to my knees each and every time.
No possible way to get relief, no position to lessen the pain, just pain, that grows constant & greater by the second.
A shot of Torridal and a shot of Delaudid, (spelling). Torridal don't do jack, but Delaudid does wonders.
Spent a whole weekend in the hospital with one getting a shot of Delaudid about every hour of so. After 3 days I actually told them I did not want any more. Had actually had enough of being wasted for 3 days straight.
I feel for ya man, it is the worst pain ever experienced.
I'm going on bonus time at 4-5 years since.
I will say I went to distilled water as my main drink, and really believe that makes a huge difference.

Started having a pain in my back Sat night....pain that had me keeling over and crying on the floor of the ER.
So, 4 days later that darn thing comes out....and its only about 4mm. I could not believe how much pain such a small thing could cause to oneself. I like to think that I have a somewhat high tolerance for pain, but that little sucker put me on my knees:(

I know that my dad had had his fair share of Kidney stones over the years, so I know have lots to look forward to.

So, my xmas presents were a precription of Percosets, some Flexerol, and some flomax to boot.

What the heck did you do to Santa to make him give you a kidney stone Dave ?

That sounds like no fun glad your ok now.

Pete

Sorry to hear that Dave. Good to have you back man. I have passed a couple of those, just plain terrible. I drink more water now and try to stay away from a few things they say might lead to them.

Santa brought me a new:

Fiskars X27! Works great on Ash and Pine that I had the chance to split yesterday! Saaweeeeeet!
Digital camera, which I have yet to try out. Cool.
I-Phone 4s. That is fun, lots to learn there. Knarly dude.
A couple of new shirts for going out on the town with. :rolleyes: Wife likes me to look nice and spiffy. You know how it is. Like, gag me. LOL.
LL Bean flannel lined pair of jeans and long sleeve flannel lined shirt to go with. Yes. Stylin.
Sports watch with lots of cool chit on it. Rad man. Rad.

Cmon Dave. What did Santa bring you besides the "special" coal?

How was your service in the ER?
Best service I ever got by any health care provider was by walking into the ER with kidney stones!
They think you are dying or having a heart attack or something.
Man they walked me right in, right to a bed, asked me my name and we will worry about all the other registation and paperwork later.
Right to the front of the line!

Status
Not open for further replies.