Got a line on a slightly used huskee 22 ton splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baseroom

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2014
Rochester
Here's the deal. I may be graduating in my 7th decade into the hydraulic log splitter age. I have a line on a splitter, with the B&S 190 cc engine. I know its a speeco underneath. Relative of a good frind of mine bought it, used it slighlty twice. Then let it sit in his backyard for two years. Out side it is perfect. I have NOT been able to run it since I am in another state. I can grab it now for $250. Good gamble or not? What should I do to it if/when I get it. Thanks all!!!

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Jump on it! Crazy good deal for probably the best splitter (Speeco 22 ton) made for the money. Even with a new motor purchase its a steal.

Last edited:
Grab it now! Don't give them time to change their mind!

Don't let it get away
It is a steal and a decent splitter to boot

Great gamble . . . I suspect it is fine and once some decent fuel has been put through it will be good. Even if you have to put in a bit of work for the engine and/or seals (although I would guess you may be OK) it is still a good deal. I would jump on this . . .

Love mine, buy it.

Even factoring in going and getting, dragging a trailer, your still way ahead of the game. Note most splitters do not tow well over 35 mph. hence the trailer. None of the splitters in this class have any suspension.

You can't lose. At 250 bean pods there is nothing that can happen that you still won't come out on the winning side of. If you haven't already chased it down, do so.
Also - at 70 freakin' years old - you deserve one. Go get it.

Thanks guys. I have a friend making the offer right now. I can throw it in the back of the truck and bring it home. I'll take a picture when it's finalized!

You can't lose. At 250 bean pods there is nothing that can happen that you still won't come out on the winning side of. If you haven't already chased it down, do so.
Also - at 70 freakin' years old - you deserve one. Go get it.
Only 60 but it sure will help on the big ones!

Only 60 but it sure will help on the big ones!
Close enough.
My opinion is this: If you plan on doing this stuff for the long haul it only makes sense to get the proper tools for the job. A decent saw and a splitter are two I wouldn't go without. I used to do the split by hand thing, but got over that he-man stage several years ago. Get the splitter BEFORE you wreck yourself.

Heck - I don't know of any other item that can be used and abused for years and then sold for 80% of original cost. Its darn near an investment.

Reactions: webfish
Close enough.
My opinion is this: If you plan on doing this stuff for the long haul it only makes sense to get the proper tools for the job. A decent saw and a splitter are two I wouldn't go without. I used to do the split by hand thing, but got over that he-man stage several years ago. Get the splitter BEFORE you wreck yourself.

Heck - I don't know of any other item that can be used and abused for years and then sold for 80% of original cost. Its darn near an investment.
I agree totally!

Status
Not open for further replies.