Got enough.. Now time for Oak.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

Well, I have about a 3 years supply already. About 9-10 Cord.

Went and picked up 2 loads of Oak. One yesterday and a lod today. The pic of the trailer is the load today.

The tall stack is still some Silver Maple (large rounds) and a little Pine. The Majority is Pin Oak and White Oak. The second smaller stack is all Pin and White Oak.

Large stack is about 5-5.5 ft tall and 22 ft long. Short one is 18 ft long by 3-3.5 ft tall. One pic has the Beast's that Protect the Wood Stacks...

I cant wait for Winter. My 1st year with the 30-NC.... But now with this Oak. I cant wait till 2013-2014 Season. LOL...

Also included some pics of my buddies piles that turned me on to this New Place for wood. He has a lot more wood than in the pics. Some still in trailers (Has 3) some in his Dump truck, and some behind his work shop... Prob close to 20-30 Cord. I know i\\ts a large fluctuation. But its A LOT OF WOOD. Also is a Pic of a Silver Maple crotch. 4 Large limbs coming off of it.. I wasnt taking it. But took a Pic. Almost 5 ft tall on its end.

Attachments

• Oak 1.jpg
    Oak 1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 616
  • Oak 2.jpg
    Oak 2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 599
  • Oak 3.jpg
    Oak 3.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 601
  • Oak 4.jpg
    Oak 4.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 632
  • Oak 5.jpg
    Oak 5.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 599
  • Robs Place 1.jpg
    Robs Place 1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 621
All would not fit in one post. Also some large Silver Maple rounds on the other side of the driveway.

Attachments

• Robs place 2.jpg
    Robs place 2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 578
  • Tree Top (4 Branch).jpg
    Tree Top (4 Branch).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 597
  • Oak 6.jpg
    Oak 6.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 610
Nice haul of wood. Is that and outside wood burner? I notice you have 3 other wood burners. And thanks on the reply about my pole barn.

GolfandWoodNut said:
Nice haul of wood. Is that and outside wood burner? I notice you have 3 other wood burners. And thanks on the reply about my pole barn.

Its an Outside Wood Bioler. Thats at my buddies house.. Figured I would post some pics of his "Piles"..... Its a Big Bioler. Not sure if its Home-made or not?? Just know he has a lot of wood and has been hooking me up with some contacts. I have 4 stoves actually. I have a Fahrenhiet Endurance Pellet/Bio-Mass furnace that I am ctrying to sell.

But that Burner is not mine. I would stack my wood. But hey, whatever works for you. That thing has a blower on the front to add air like my pellet stove. Wet Wood Dry Wood, he burns it all.

Forget the emerald ash borer . . . looks like Northeast Ohio has a problem with giant ladybugs that could wipe out the entire bird population. ;) :)

Dexter, Please stop collecting wood. Your making me feel lazy! ;)

DexterDay said:

Went and picked up 2 loads of Oak. One yesterday and a lod today. The pic of the trailer is the load today.

The tall stack is still some Silver Maple (large rounds) and a little Pine. The Majority is Pin Oak and White Oak. The second smaller stack is all Pin and White Oak.

Large stack is about 5-5.5 ft tall and 22 ft long. Short one is 18 ft long by 3-3.5 ft tall. One pic has the Beast's that Protect the Wood Stacks...

I cant wait for Winter. My 1st year with the 30-NC.... But now with this Oak. I cant wait till 2013-2014 Season. LOL...

Also included some pics of my buddies piles that turned me on to this New Place for wood. He has a lot more wood than in the pics. Some still in trailers (Has 3) some in his Dump truck, and some behind his work shop... Prob close to 20-30 Cord. I know i\ts a large fluctuation. But its A LOT OF WOOD. Also is a Pic of a Silver Maple crotch. 4 Large limbs coming off of it.. I wasnt taking it. But took a Pic. Almost 5 ft tall on its end.
Dex, I think we have the same trailer. Its a great trailer

Attachments

• 6x10 land trailer.jpg
    6x10 land trailer.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 337
gzecc said:
DexterDay said:

Also included some pics of my buddies piles that turned me on to this New Place for wood. He has a lot more wood than in the pics. Some still in trailers (Has 3) some in his Dump truck, and some behind his work shop... Prob close to 20-30 Cord. I know i\ts a large fluctuation. But its A LOT OF WOOD. Also is a Pic of a Silver Maple crotch. 4 Large limbs coming off of it.. I wasnt taking it. But took a Pic. Almost 5 ft tall on its end.
Dex, I think we have the same trailer. Its a great trailer

Yep. Same one. I added the side kit. 36".... I used my old fencing from our pasture, from when we had horses.. I like your tool box idea. Guessing you keep your Saws and other tools in there. Great idea. (Light bulb... click!?) Thanks..

I wish I could get away with a boiler setup like that. Doesn't it get buried until Erie freezes over?

The boiler set-up is my buddy Rob's. He has a lot of wood. Just gets it way late and keeps it in a heap. Prob has a few yrs worth. But less than ideal seasoning conditions.. Keeps saying he is gonna split and stack it ALL. But..... never happens. To each there own. The blower on the front does a good job of keeping the wettest of woods burning. But it smokes constantly.

It heats there shop, house, garage, and hot water.

DexterDay said:
But it smokes constantly.

That's no good but it sounds like his setup produces a lot of heat. Doesn't that whole boiler/heap area get buried in snow though?

SolarAndWood said:
DexterDay said:
But it smokes constantly.

That's no good but it sounds like his setup produces a lot of heat. Doesn't that whole boiler/heap area get buried in snow though?

The stilts that the boiler is on, are 48" It looks small in the pic. And the heap/pile is prob 12'-15' tall and double that in diameter.

Yeah. It smoking is not ideal. But he has been getting by and he has a HUGE house. Prob in the area of 5,000-6,000 sq. He used to have a small wood boiler in the basement, but got this big one for next to nothing a few yrs back. Dont look pretty, but it gets it done.

Pics do his wood piles no justice (not for neatness, just the shear amount) prob 20 cord there, just thrown everywhere. But he has a lot. He also burns a lot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.