Got it all split. (Now with pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
I finally got the Norway/Tulip/Maple??? all split. Thanks to my BIL and a splitter. I brought 7 heaping 6' pickup bed loads to my parents property to season. Now I have to find MORE!

Attachments

• woodl.jpg
    woodl.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 594
  • woodr.jpg
    woodr.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 639
lol you have the fever now...

I know I have the wood bug... Troy-bilt 27 ton splitter on the way. I have a friend with lots of land who will give me a chord of rounds for $75 or less whenever I want them. My dad wants to get some big trees cut down on his back property too for a pole barn. My friend who I got this tree from is planning on cutting more down. He hates to do the leaves now.

double post

FireAnt said:
I know I am done... Troy-bilt 27 ton splitter on the way. I have a friend with lots of land who will give me a chord of rounds for $75 or less whenever I want them. My dad wants to get some big trees cut down on his back property too for a pole barn. My friend who I got this tree from is planning on cutting more down. He hates to do the leaves now.

I have that splitter and it is very tuff unit for sure just dont exceed the 45mph with it....

pics added

Good work FireAnt. I predict that pile will continue to grow very large. See if you can get a 3 year supply on hand and then notice that you will get more heat from your wood so it will take less wood in the long run.

FireAnt said:
I finally got the Norway/Tulip/Maple??? all split. Thanks to my BIL and a splitter. I brought 7 heaping 6' pickup bed loads to my parents property to season. Now I have to find MORE!

I see a bunch of nicely split wood, some trees, part of a trailer, some snow,pallets, a splitter.........then something green on the ground. What the heck IS that.

Can't be grass. It's winter. CT have green grass during the winter?

Sure is sweet looking at a recently split pile of wood.

PapaDave: close no splitter yet... The tarps are covering a Brush Hog mower and a backhoe to a JD 2520. Yes it is grass guys... It's been real cold but we have had no snow. One decent snow fall and a few little ones here and there. The forecast for the rest of the week is in the 40's...I might be getting my liner kit this week. Could make for a weekend install. If not I want to drop the three Shag bark Hickories in the first pick to make room for this wood. There is 2 1/2 cords on the skids to the side of the pile with 3 yr old oak and maple.

Strong work FireAnt. It's quite a feeling to get a huge pile of wood split. The thing I hate the most is stacking it! Happy scrounging, but stay out of my neck of the woods! LOL :)

FireAnt said:
PapaDave: close no splitter yet... The tarps are covering a Brush Hog mower and a backhoe to a JD 2520. Yes it is grass guys... It's been real cold but we have had no snow. One decent snow fall and a few little ones here and there. The forecast for the rest of the week is in the 40's...I might be getting my liner kit this week. Could make for a weekend install. If not I want to drop the three Shag bark Hickories in the first pick to make room for this wood. There is 2 1/2 cords on the skids to the side of the pile with 3 yr old oak and maple.

Heat of the moment. The grass had me confused. Like seeing a palm tree in the arctic.
It's funny about the lack of snow. My plow handle broke last year. Seemed like we were getting snow every couple days, so I made it a point to get it rewelded this year before the snow started. We've gotten exactly ONE good dump of snow so far, and some of that is gone after a rain came through.
Still several inches on the ground, but nothing like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.