Got my gas for december

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john26

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2008
Wildwood MO
According to my gas bill I used 113.3 therms in december of 2008 (milder winter here and 57.2 themrms for this december. Also last year it was just me in the house now my girlfriend lives her so more hot water and no more 68 degree nights. November of 09 I used 71.1 therms with mild temps this was before I started burning.
I cancelled budget bill from the gas company after adjustments I owe them $1.14. I love burning my free wood!

my gas bill was 32 therms here in upstate ny. It was a pretty cold month and windy too. My 3000 square ft house was warm and toasty most of the time. I actually shut off my gas at the meter on the 2nd week of december. all of my heat and hot water comes from the wood boiler now. NO MORE GAS BILL!! In the spring when the ground thaws I will dig up the front lawn and pull that gas line out of the ground and throw it to the curb for the junk man to pick up. Wood is where it's at. Keep on choppin!!!

dont know if I would be too quick to toos the gas if I were you. what if your wood boiler goes down for sume onforseeable reason always nice to have an alternative heat source for back up just in case.

My gas is staying I use the gas furnace as back up, gas water heater and gas clothes dryer. I tried to talk my girlfriend to a wood cook stove but she said no so gas is staying. Its nice to look outside seem steaming coming out of everyones gas flu except mine all I have is a little smoke out of the chimney pipe.

My tarm is a multifuel. Although it has an oil burner on one end I never us it. I plan to collect vege-oil and convert it to bio-fuel. Unfortunatly that project is on the back burner for now. In my garage I have most of the stuff to build a reactor. I have a small stock pile of elthanol I have collected and the pump to pump out vege-tanks, electric water heated and various other parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.