1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

got my makita saw today

Post in 'The Gear' started by mattg1970, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattg1970

mattg1970 New Member

I picked up a makita saw from Home Depot rental dept today. There was two saws for sale both model 6401. I asked him If he was buying a saw which one he would pick. He grabed one and said it was recently serviced and it comes with a brand new bar and a brand new chain on it. I asked hin why does it need a new bar? He said it doesn't but Home Depot is no longer going to rent this model saw any longer. He said The saw was to big and over powering for most home owners and they are getting rid of all parts for that model. He also gave me 3 new chains still in the package, 2 spark plug wrenches, 5 spark plugs and a gallon of bar oil. He gave me a few tips on the saw and I thanked him and and gladly gave him $150.00 and was on my way. I am going to use it tomorrow and see hoe well it cut some oak.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    How does it feel to hit the lottery?
  3. mattg1970

mattg1970 New Member

I will tell you after I use it for a couple of days. I didn't get any paperwork with the saw I will need to find a repair manual for it.
  4. MrGriz

MrGriz New Member

Loc:
    Waterford, WI
    Jackpot! That should be a great saw for you and all the extra goodies are a great bonus.
  5. My_3_Girls

My_3_Girls Member

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Mattg,

What is your location? Maybe the rest of the Hearth faithful would like to get in on the HD blowout of used saws!!! Where did you find it?
  6. carpniels

carpniels Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rome, NY, USA
    Hi GUys,

I was at my local HD last week and they do not rent anything at all anymore. The entire rental department is gone and replaced with a Pro shop. I asked about all the rental stuff and they said employees had first dibs and then they had an auction and basically everything went to the local Taylor rental store.

So my fellow people here did not have the opportunity MattG had.

Thanks

Carpniels
  7. mattg1970

mattg1970 New Member

Sorry it took so long to reply. I live in south east mass. I went by HD this morning for a few things and look to see if they had any saws left and the employee said the sold the last one to someone who works there.
  8. mayhem

mayhem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Peru, MA
    I've never even seen a rental department in any HD I've been to...the only thing I've ever seen is the F-450 they rent out to people to get thier lumber home with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.