Got Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK1950

Oct 13, 2011
Wichita, KS
Hi Everyone,

I am new to wood burning and just had installed a CEMI Concept 2 insert connect to a 8" linear with a custom made boot to fit over stove and the Chimney is 16' tall. The problem I have having is starting the stove and keeping it going. I have tried kindling and firestarters and very seasoned wood, but when I start a fire with the doors cracked I get some flames and the fire starts building. I have even let it go for over 30 minutes with the doors cracked but when I close the doors the flames die off and the fire goes out. Both of the air intakes are fully open and the damper is open. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Many Thanks,
Cliff

Is the fire smoking back into the room? We sold a stove to someone once and they had a friend of a friend install it and when they put the pipe up they left some of the packaging in the pipe. It was enough to prevent the fire from starting but it also smoked into the room. Of course they knew it was the stove until I took the pipe apart and found the plastic bag and trim piece. It worked great after the blockage was removed.

I also have had air pockets in pipe where I had to heat the chimney with a small fire until it started to draw then all was good.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.