got some accomplished today...pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
split a little more sycamore and elm today..hauled and piled this much up...there is still about this much more in the woods split up...and a good bit more to be split...
2012-01-18152217.gif

heres a picture of the pile..and the new place to stack all the upcoming wood....its not far at all from where we cut (if u look in the background u can see some fresh split wood..thats the cutting grounds..lots more to cut down in there)...and its behind a locked gate...its gonna get plenty of sun here..
2012-01-18152256.gif

Nice!! Looks like there are some canidates for the next bucking in the background. Are those leaners?? :smirk:

Every bit counts! Some of those splits look real big - will you re-split some, or are those typical for you? Cheers!

Awesome!
No comment on your weather, but when I lived in WV, we had some white stuff on the ground this time of the year :)
The hill looks like it would be a good "sled riding hill" (no fences) :)

Nice pile of wood, great pictures

steel, you are still cranking man!....killing me .....whats your secret? a pill? a woman? secret beverage? Soon you'll have more wood css than zap.

Steeltown, is this normal to have no snow at this time of the year where you live?

backwoods...leaners will come down eventually...along with many more from this woodlot..

nh i like keeping about 20% of the splits large long overnighters...or with the sycamore..just keeps u from loading every hour..

bogydave... very mild winter and im loving it

maxedout its a honor just be mentioned in the same sentence as zapp

Looks like you are gettin done Steel. What part of WV you in ? My parents originated from WV so I spent a some time down there visiting relatives when I was growing up.

locust im in southern wv alderson...lewisburg area

Okay Steel......I spent my time in the Northern part Moundsville/New Martinsville. WV is some pretty country. You are down around the Blue Ride Parkway if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.