Got the Blaze King installed (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
First of all, a big thanks to all you guys here who helped me out on this one.
I was a bit intimidated with this install, but it really wasn't that bad.
Not worth $1600 anyways. I wouldn't have tried it without this site and you guys.
The only thing i need to do is finish the top cap, my clay liner is 13"x18" and the kit
came with a 13"x13" top cap. A friend of mine has a sheet metal break, and today
we made a cap out of stainless. I will finish tomorrow. Oh yeah, still need some sort of hearth pad.
I think it looks great!
Can't wait to fire this baby up.
The pictures didn't turn out very good, but you get the idea.

Thanks again!
Brad

Attachments

• DSC02712.JPG
    DSC02712.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC02718.JPG
    DSC02718.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 563
Looks like one serious heater Brad. Good job, it finished out nicely. You'll be cooking with wood pretty soon now.

Looking great. It looks like a boatload of heat just waiting to happen.

Take down the antlers and mount your sawzall up there. Looks real nice. You OK with those wood shelves as close as they are to the insert? Good job, and thanks for bringing us along and not making us help with the hard parts! Rick

BrotherBart said:

Do you guys really measure heat in "boatloads" in Va?

Rockey said:
BrotherBart said:

Just wait till they start dropping the butt-ton I still have not got a consensus witch of the two butt-ton or boatload is more

looks great

Rockey said:
BrotherBart said:

I lived there for 12 years, and I'm BB's attorney, so I'll answer. Yes, they do, but it's not usually spelled that way. Rick

fossil said:
Rockey said:
BrotherBart said:

I lived there for 12 years, and I'm BB's attorney, so I'll answer. Yes, they do, but it's not usually spelled that way. Rick

Thats cool. It reminds of what my Dad always said, "Its more than you can shake a stick at."

BTW Great looking insert BFunk!

Thanks fellas!
Fossil, the mantles are stone about 2" thick.
Shouldn't be a problem i imagine?

Brad

Don't s'pose they will be. Very nice. Rick

Welcome to the reliable tractor club bfunk. If you have hardwood to burn, let me know how it does as Iam curious as :snake:
Your glass looked hazy in the pics. Did you do a pre-fire out side? Again congrats.
N of 60

North of 60,

I have 6 cords of well seasoned pine is all, i wish i had some hardwood.
As far as the glass, just finger prints from installing, suppose i should have
cleaned it first. I am sure i will be asking you some questions here in the near future.

Thanks
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.