gotta love it!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
stayed at the cottage last night. actually lit off the nc-13 this a.m. funny weather we've been blessed with up here.
tue.evening was 95f! wed evening,45f!!!! quite the temp swing, no? goes without saying, she wanted a fire to wake up to.

really hope the stove performs better when winter comes back...maybe should've bought a bigger one.....or left the old one in and saved all the money.......we'll see

Yup, thats a big swing in the weather Yooper. Id almost be happy to have an excuse to make a wood fire.

Yeah, we hit 100 on tuesday, cold front went through yesterday and today is a nice cool 65. I might have to light up tomorrow since the forecast looks like a high of 59 with rain.

I couldn't lite mine if I had to, it's in pieces. That time of the year when we replace the damaged and give it a cleaning.

103 °F Tuesday, 51 °F right now. Gotta love it (not!).

I had a small amount of firewood in the rack in the house but took it out on Monday - think I'll bring it in again.

My Oslo heats my home said:
I couldn't lite mine if I had to, it's in pieces. That time of the year when we replace the damaged and give it a cleaning.
If you don't mind me asking, what gets damaged on an '07 F-500?

Yooperdave, has it snowed lately? Maybe that will be in the forecast soon.

Having a cool spell like this in early June is normal. What is not normal is all the heat we had just ahead of it. Makes 50 seem cold.

Better dig out the long johns Ed.

55 and pouring rain in NH today. house is 68 The other day the house was 88 inside with no AC. Supposed to get into the 40s tonight. Will have the stove going tonight.

Michael6268 said:
55 and pouring rain in NH today. house is 68 The other day the house was 88 inside with no AC. Supposed to get into the 40s tonight. Will have the stove going tonight.

I hear ya! It's 90F right now with humidity at 54%. The last two evenings we've gotten some RAIN!!!! .10" evening before last and .50" last night!!!! YEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

It oughta be a steam bath today but it looks like maybe a bit cloudy and a touch of a breeze...maybe even more rain. Anyhow, I'm off to do some splitting on the pine I got last weekend.

Ed

Don't forget the long johns and flannel shirt Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.