Grapple Load w/pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
brogsie said:
Nice job. How much time do you figure it took to split and stack. I'm jeolous.

Aw man, I tell ya, I'm 48 and I didn't do it all in a day, haha. I worked the logs a couple a times in the evening after work, then one Saturday I just went out there with my trusty Poulan and Craftsman chainsaws and cut 'em all up in rounds.

Then I had this Ford compact tractor, and a Brave 3 pt. hitch splitter, but the two weren't compatible, so I had to go get some hydraulic hoses made up, and eventually got the Brave splitter working mighty fine.

The first day of splitting was about 4 hours, then the following day was probably 5 hours, then the very next morning I went out determined to finish splitting, and I'm guessin' that was another 3 or 4 hours, so I'd say 12 hours to split it all, the Brave ain't all that fast but it sure did beat swingin' the maul :)

The way my brother and I figure it, slower splitter = increased safety, haha!

I bet it took another 6 hours or so to stack it up nice.

A lotta time, but hey, let's see, figure 800 gallons of fuel oil at say, 3.25 a gallon, that's 2600 bucks..... vs. 320 smackers and a bit of labor, hmmmm, no brainer for this old boy :)

thats great, and you also gave me a tip! I use pallets also but arrange them lengthwise rather than widthwise..ie, I only get two rows on the pallets and not three like your getting! thats a bonehead mistake by myslef but thanks for making me realize it!

I would have figured a lot more time. Your a hard worker. Of course your young. (I,m 52, a carpenter and all my joints ache). Job well done.

I thik he had his wife helping too! I guess he was right, those a nice looking pallets too!

Oh come on now.. of COOURSE~! haha

That's what I thought. No guy would have wood piles as perfect as those. LOL

brogsie said:
That's what I thought. No guy would have wood piles as perfect as those. LOL

Sure a guy can....using Photoshop! ;-)

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.