Grapple loads power plants Boston North

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Channing

Jan 4, 2009
Byfield Ma
All the tree Co's are chipping the wood instead of selling it to HO like us. The only Grapple loads I am finding are opportunists trying to get $900 a load. I am on 95 MA -NH border. One guy on CL $550 all big stuff that wont fit in his tree chipper. I am tempted. I agree you get more wood and less bark with the big logs.

They just cleared about 3 acres near my house for a road they're diverting, they did the same thing, chipped it up and trucked it out, I walked through the area one night and they didnt even leave any small pieces lying around. Little more work for the big stuff but worht it if you have the time.

That could be a deal depending upon what the wood is. Make sure of what you are buying before you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.