gravity overheat zone questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEd

Feeling the Heat
May 9, 2008
Rural New England
I am trying to figure out two things.

First, I need to put in an overheat zone for my tarm 60, and it needs to be about 20K BTU (10% of boiler capacity). How do I figure out how much baseboard that corresponds to? I have 2- 6 foot cast-iron baseboards, and also a 14 foot cast-iron baseboard that I would like to use for this purpose if possible (currently surplus).

Second, is it possible to have the gravity/overheat zone plumbed so that it is also serves as a regular zone or is it a dedicated overload-only zone? If you can do it, what would that plumbing schematic look like?

Tarm should be able to help on this. I think the manual mentions using a gravity fed zone as the overheat loop. Do the concept drawings in your manual show how to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.