great deal on Shop Vacs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieChick

Nov 18, 2008
NH
I went to Home Depot today to get a shop vac. I was walking out with a cheaper Husky model for $40 when an HD employee saw what I was getting and showed me the display at the contractor section.
9 gallon Rigid for $24!- regular price is $99.
Its more than we need but I will find other uses for it. The fine filter was still almost $30 but a great deal on a good vac.
This was HD in Hampton NH but I guess they all have it as it is being advertised as their Thanksgiving deal.
Had to pass it along!

Great vacuum, I have had one for a while and its the first one I grab to do the regular vacuuming!
But for cleaning out the Pellet stove, I use my Cheetah II ash vac, with the fire resistant filters and the steel hose.
It is virtually dustfree and double filtered and small, made from a metal 5 gallon pail, so those warm ashes wont bother it or flare up when cleaning a bit to early.
It also has a shaker built in to shake the bag type prefilter free of ash, so you can keep vacuuming longer.
It is reasonably quiet, for a shop vac.
Big price difference, tho, the Cheetah is $219.00

I have burned up a few regular filters in my Rigid, and put a burn spot in the plastic bottom, so be warned.
And be patient, let the pellet stove ashes cool if you use a regular shop vac!

Status
Not open for further replies.