Great ebay score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Yesterday, while snooping ebay for anything good to use in my stove controllers, I stumbled onto 2 SSAC phase controllers (Triacs)

These were on my list for the big stove, but at $50 each, not really high on the list.

The units I found are 6 amp rated (plenty for the conv fan) and were priced at $7.50 each and $6 shipping.

I got both for $21 (one shipping cost)

A great score for the $$$$$

I don't think the seller has a clue what these are for, but maybe ???????

It takes a buyer who has a need to even look at these anyway.

SSAC has/does make stove controls for pellet stoves and their stuff is good.

All I need to compliment these is a 100k ohm pot rated for line voltage and good to go.

Amazing what shakes out on ebay

Snowy

Got a Whitfield Profile last summer for $75 off ebay. Guy thought it could be used as a fish feeder:)

Put the fish in the fire pot ???

Takes all kinds eh ??

Good stove ???

Guy just lost patience with trying to fix it and/or got a new one?

Bio, gonna start worrying about the seeming growing collection of stoves at your house unless they get fixed and moved on;hm

Put the fish in the fire pot ???

Takes all kinds eh ??

Good stove ???
Good camp stove to help heat a 20x30 shelter. We had 26 people in the shelter, the temps were in the 40's and windy,rainy. All had to do to use was clean the auger of wet pellets and replace the POF eye with snap switch. Forget about using it's igniter.

Attachments

• DSCN0435.JPG
    DSCN0435.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.