Great find on CL, my first EPA stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kiletravis09

Jan 21, 2015
woodstock ohio
I was cruising CL the other day and found a guy selling a stove. The posting had no make or model and the pic was kinda blurry. I ended up contacting the guy and he sent me pics of the plate in the back. It said Drolet Myriad. I said I'll take it!

I ended up paying 200$ for the stove. I think it was a great deal. He said the stove was 3 years old and used for two full seasons. He had sold his house and couldn't take it with him. I just got home with it and started tearing it apart. I'm going to replace all of the gaskets and fire brick. I just order some metallic black stove bright paint to give the stove a new finish. Let me know what you guys think about the stove. This Drolet Myriad will be replacing a small, old, Nashua wood stove. The Nashua did a great job but chewed threw a lot of wood. I hope the Myriad will be able to compete with the Nashua in amount of heat output. I'll update this post with pics of progress of the "rebuild". 62dd81e2fbf541eadd327c143e8f8e24.jpg0881c4695acba025a8cbb0aa571ebd57.jpgca379a536ff5f2c9307760b2cf8d9cda.jpg2292e3e3b879efa20da8cb1ccddd9b31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a nice find. Unless the firebrick is deteriorating I wouldn't replace it. Check the baffle to make sure it is in good shape.

I'm no expert, but wouldn't the gaskets also be in tiptop shape after only two seasons of burning?

Either way great deal on that stove!

I'm no expert, but wouldn't the gaskets also be in tiptop shape after only two seasons of burning?

Either way great deal on that stove!

Yea they look fine. I'm going to replace them just for good measure. The fire brick was really porous and light and when I touched them they practically fell apart so I'm going to replace all of those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: iceman2424
That thing is going to crank out some serious heat! It will probably go through the wood pretty fast too.

Have you checked to see if there is supposed to be an insulating blanket on top of the baffles? Judging by all that metal, I think maybe so.

Good catch on the stove! I think the only difference between your Myriad and my Austral is that the Austal comes with legs instead of a base or pedestal. I don't think I've ever seen any insulating blanket on the top of my baffle though.... but I better check just to be sure, now that it's been brought up.... Woody is most certainly correct about the ability of that stove to "crank out some serious heat!" :) I just had to replace 2 bricks on my stove this year, both on opposite sides, but directly across from each other, one on the left side, one on the right.... Gets really, really hot right around those spots on the sides of the stove too, when it's cranking, which it almost always most certainly is!!! :)