Great idea

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjnamtiw

Minister of Fire
I ran across this stove on Pinterest. Great use of concrete and I bet it stays warm a long time! Kind of like the old ceramic stoves in the 1800's.

concrete_fireplace.jpg

Nice looking too. The hearth pad however is a total joke.

You're right! It must be (HOPEFULLY) for display only! I wonder how much that puppy weighs.

what is the mfg of that?

5490 British Pounds!!!! yeow!

You're right! It must be (HOPEFULLY) for display only! I wonder how much that puppy weighs.
That IS the floor plate and it's only to protect the floor from scratching! No hearth plate is needed! The feet never get more than lukewarm! 770#

How about embers spitting out when reloading?

That would be the probable main reason for using it, as they say in the instructions plus permanently marking your flooring with impressions. Start mixing the concrete! They actually use refractory cement. Next is a chamber up above and voila, a pizza oven.

Finally, a way to improve the look of a Princess. ;);lol

Reactions: tjnamtiw
True true. I wouldn't care if the stove was hidden in the basement. I don't want to look at the furnace either.

Status
Not open for further replies.