1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Great price on a new splitter for those in the Midwest

Post in 'The Gear' started by herdbull, Oct 16, 2012.

1. herdbull

herdbull Member

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    I see Menards is running a sale on their splitters with a $200 rebate. It comes out to $699 for the splitter but you'll have $200 to spend in the store later once the rebate comes. But if you're like me that shouldn't be hard to spend :).

I have this same splitter and it has worked flawlessly for 2 years now. I have not found a piece of anything that it can't split. The only downside is the small 30 MPH tires.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mecreature

mecreature Minister of Fire

Loc:
    indiana
    how about a link,

I just checked and the 22 ton is 899.00 that is 100 bucks off.

At least in my area.
  3. Butcher

Butcher Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    N. central Ia.
    Have you checked any independant dealers in your area for what yer looking for? I have found that most Ma and Pa dealors in my area will be the same price if not cheaper than a big box store and then you have a a place to have it repaired/serviced iffn it does break. Take that splitter back to Menards and tell them it aint workin right and see how far that gets a guy to be back in bizness. Not preachin, just sayin.
  4. herdbull

herdbull Member

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Yes, you are correct. It is $100 off and is $899 with a $200 mail in rebate. The rebate was shown on this weeks flyer.

I looked at over a half dozen used splitters for $500-$700 and wouldn't have bought any of them. Not when I can buy a new one for $700-$800.

Most places around here wanted almost double that for a new one from a "ma & pa" store. It is only a wood splitter..... nothing on it I couldn't fix myself if it ever did break.