Great price on a new splitter for those in the Midwest

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herdbull

Dec 31, 2010
Wisconsin
I see Menards is running a sale on their splitters with a $200 rebate. It comes out to $699 for the splitter but you'll have $200 to spend in the store later once the rebate comes. But if you're like me that shouldn't be hard to spend :).

I have this same splitter and it has worked flawlessly for 2 years now. I have not found a piece of anything that it can't split. The only downside is the small 30 MPH tires.

how about a link,

I just checked and the 22 ton is 899.00 that is 100 bucks off.

At least in my area.

Have you checked any independant dealers in your area for what yer looking for? I have found that most Ma and Pa dealors in my area will be the same price if not cheaper than a big box store and then you have a a place to have it repaired/serviced iffn it does break. Take that splitter back to Menards and tell them it aint workin right and see how far that gets a guy to be back in bizness. Not preachin, just sayin.

Yes, you are correct. It is $100 off and is $899 with a $200 mail in rebate. The rebate was shown on this weeks flyer.

I looked at over a half dozen used splitters for $500-$700 and wouldn't have bought any of them. Not when I can buy a new one for $700-$800.

Most places around here wanted almost double that for a new one from a "ma & pa" store. It is only a wood splitter..... nothing on it I couldn't fix myself if it ever did break.

Status
Not open for further replies.