Green Supremes vs Fireside Ultra pricing in Nashua NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SXIPro

Minister of Fire
Sep 28, 2009
Northern MA
Green Supremes at Lowes : $217 a ton. Fireside Ultras $279 a ton at Home Depot. WTF?? Seriously?????

SXIPro said:
Green Supremes at Lowes : $217 a ton. Fireside Ultras $279 a ton at Home Depot. WTF?? Seriously?????

WOW, usually they are right in the same ballpark. No way in hell i'd pay 279 a ton for fireside ultras.

Really - FUs at W. Leb. 219/ton right now. Started with 55 ton last week - down to 39 now. I think they're moving them around but none of the other local HDs have any at all.

Not sure if either of those pellets are much different, quality/heat-wise, but IIRC, both places price match, so you should be able to get the FU's for $217 if you really wanted them.

I'm not a fan of the Ultras at all. I'd have a hard time stomaching $179 a ton, never mind $279.00 $217 for the GS at this time of year is ok by me. Wish I had the 10% off coupon, though.

SXIPro said:
I'm not a fan of the Ultras at all. I'd have a hard time stomaching $179 a ton, never mind $279.00 $217 for the GS at this time of year is ok by me. Wish I had the 10% off coupon, though.

go get the coupon then....

mepellet said:
SXIPro said:

Thanks for the insight, I never would have thought of that.

SXIPro said:
mepellet said:
SXIPro said:

Thanks for the insight, I never would have thought of that.

haha just busting you. Most HD around here accept the Lowes coupon.

I still would have used it at Lowes, to get the GS down to $195. But it was a Sunday, I had no coupon, and I found out I am traveling for the next 6 weeks starting today, so I didn't have time to get a coupon. So I sacrificed the $22 savings to make sure my wife has heat while I am gone. Not sure she deserves that, but my dog loves the warmth of the stove, and he is worth it for sure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.